The following tip may very well improve your writing so fast and so easy that you think it’s nothing short of magic.
Yes, my fine-feathered little writing fledgling, if you do what I’m about to tell you, your life will change. Your writing will get better. And you will likely start to wonder how you ever lived another way.
Within an instant, your writing will become:
— More powerful
— More persuasive
— And more CLEAR
Your skills will improve every day.
Your prose will become more palatable and potent.
And, if all goes right, it will lead you to many, many great things.
Alright, enough lollygagging.
What am I talking about here?
What is this ‘magical tip’ that could change your writing game forever?
Simple: Use the Hemingway Editor.
Why? Here are 6 unquestionable reasons:
- It will tell you when your sentences are hard to read.
- It will also tell you when your sentences are very hard to read.
- It tells you when you’re using complex words, and then suggests simpler alternatives.
- It highlights adverbs and weakening phrases. Remove them and your writing immediately has more power.
- It also highlights the use of passive voice, which is a killer when writing most copy.
- And most of all, with continued use, it trains you to write better until you no longer need to use it.
I run most of my copy through the Hemingway Editor to see where my work could improve.
When I first started using it, there was lots to adjust. But nowadays, there’s rarely anything at all.
It’s not the be-all and end-all writing platform. You still have to study and improve your craft every day.
But if you want a quick win…
And if you want to improve your writing in an instant…
Put your next piece of work in the Hemingway Editor and do your best to make it highlight-free.
If you do — and you succeed in doing it — I have no doubt the results will blow you away.
Try it and see for yourself.
After all, what have you got to lose?
And when you’re ready