When looking for a partner, find someone who will:
- Help you build a shared vision for your future.
- Keep you motivated to actually build it.
- Listen to your reasoning when you want to change course.
- Hold you accountable when you start to fall behind.
- Call you out when you’re incongruent with your word.
- Love you when you’re up and love you when you’re down.
- Ride or die with you through all life’s adventures.
- Stand beside you when you’re standing alone.
- Pick you up when you’re feeling down.
- Not judge you when you’re reactive and wrong.
- Give you the benefit of the doubt when you need it.
- Drop anything and everything to be there for you.
- Never talk you down when surrounded by others.
- Honor you and praise you whenever you come up.
- Never put up with your nonsense or bullshit.
- Be the constructive sounding board for all your ideas.
- Be the greatest cheerleader you’ll ever have.
- And always, always, ALWAYS believe in your potential.
Find someone like that and you’ll be set for the rest of your life.
I did, and I can’t imagine what life would be like without her.
Find your match and never settle.
Life takes on a whole new meaning when you finally do.
Oh, and when you’re ready